Shield Ultra EP are a line of greases, thickened with lithium and prepared to perfection with mineral oil and extreme pressure additives. Smoothly consistent and stable, Shield Ultra EP greases are designed to lubricate and protect parts under a variety of conditions. Shield Ultra EP greases are meant for use in most underground mining equipment. EP-2 is for multipurpose use under normal conditions while EP-3 is specifically meant for maximum protection against water and contaminants. Shield Ultra EP greases are water-resistant, pumpable and reduce wear, rust, and corrosion, maximizing the operational life of equipment.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Reduced wear under heavy or shock loading
- Protection against rust and corrosion
- Resistance to water washout
- Extended bearing life potential
- Good pumpability in centralised systems
- Effective leakage control
- NLGI 2
- NLGI 3
- SHIELD ULTRA EP-000 and EP-00 are particularly suitable for the lubrication of enclosed gears and bearings in poorly sealed gear cases on most underground mining machinery with the exception of electric motor gearings.
- SHIELD ULTRA EP-0 and EP-1 provide good low temperature pumpability and are suitable for centralized lubrication systems and other applications where low temperature performance is required.
- SHIELD ULTRA EP-2 is recommended for multipurpose applications in antifriction and plain bearings, bushings and pins under normal operating conditions.
- SHIELD ULTRA EP-3 is a stiffer NLGI grade 3 grease recommended for applications where maximum protection against penetration of water or solid contaminants is required.